Schedule Day of Timeline
Where to Start!
How to Create a Smooth Wedding Schedule
Hey guys! Your wedding is coming up, and I'm sure you have lots of questions about creating a timeline for the day! I will give some insight and recommendations from my end. I'll include a draft you can copy and use to fill in with your times. A clear wedding timeline will eliminate confusion and scheduling problems, and it'll keep everyone on the same page, from your bridal party to your makeup/hair team.
Ideal Time Allocations For Photos
- Getting Ready Candids-Girls – 1-2 Hours
- (Start with Bridal details 15 mins)
- Guys Getting Ready Candids – 30-40 Min.
- Bride Getting dressed – 20 minutes
- First look with Couple- 25 minutes
- Couples Portraits – 30-40 minutes
- Bridal Party Portraits- 30-40 Minutes
- (Can be done along with couple portraits)
- Couple hide away and relax, freshen up – 20-30 minutes pre ceremony.
- If your ceremony & receptions is at different locations- make time for transportation!
- Ceremony – 30-1 Hour average
- Family formals – 20-30 minutes ( Depending on your family size)
- (Can be done right after ceremony or during cocktail hour)
- Sunset/ sneak out during reception – 20 min
Copy / Paste
Very Simple Timeline:
Girls Getting Ready Shots (Photographer Coverage Starts):
Guys Getting Ready Shots:
Photos All Bridal Party:
Time before ceremony to fix up (photographer does detail shots of venue):
Sneak out for Sunset Photos:
Photographer Coverage Ends:
(If multiple locations)
Girls Getting Ready:
Guys Getting Ready: